Thursday, March 28, 2013

Twenty-Seventh Day


Two midterms in a row today! It was pretty stressful and I think my wrist is broken, but at least it is done, and then for over a week we don't have much to worry about except experiencing Berlin! During my government exam, Dr. Peterson came up to me, WHILE I was trying to finish his essay and said, "You have been writing vigorously for the last hour and forty-five minutes" and I respond with an abrupt, "Yeah." Well of course! 4 IDs and 2 essays...there was a lot to write about! At least he got some amusement out of the fact that I didn't stop writing once...oh well! 

Today was Dr. Reed's last day in Ireland so we threw a surprise going away pot luck party for him. He really looked kind of shocked when he walked in...we even got Joe in on it to get him to show up. We all signed a Yeats' book for him to keep and Mimi wrote a nice note inside. In other news, Josh (Dr. Peterson's nephew) and I are now best friends. We even have a secret handshake, but he practically breaks my fist every time we do it, and he likes to do it repeatedly. Maybe I will build up an immunity.

After the get together, a group of us went to John Keane's pub where there was some good live music, cheap drinks, and some great craic. I had an awesome time, and I can't wait to have all day to myself tomorrow without having to worry about assignments or exams! Slan!

No comments:

Post a Comment