Thursday, March 21, 2013

Nineteenth Day - Twentieth Day


Hey everyone! Just a quick post today, since I've got SO much work to do. Yesterday (Wednesday) was a very slow day. Honestly, nothing really happened, except we got the final schedule for Friday's trip to West Waterford. Unfortunately, today (Thursday), the weather was absolutely terrible. It is literally monsooning outside. Therefore, our Friday trip has been moved to Saturday. That's fine with me; hopefully the weather will be better. I plan on using Friday to get some serious work done. I've got a paper for ethics, three exams to study for, and a 16 line poem to memorize. I chose "To Some I Have Talked with by the Fire" by W.B.Yeats:
While I wrought out these fitful Danaan rhymes,
My heart would brim with dreams about the times,
When we bent down above fading coals;
And we talked of the dark folk, who lived in souls,
Of passionate men, like bats in the dead trees;
And of the wayward twilight companies,
Who sigh with mingled sorrow and content,
Because their blossoming dreams had never bent,
Under the fruit of evil and of good:
And of the embattled flaming multitude,
Who rise, wing above wing, flame above flame,
And, like a storm, cry the Ineffable Name, .....(Right here is what I've got down so far!)
And with the clashing of their sword-blades make
A rapturous music, till the morning break
And the white hush end all but the loud beat
Of their long wings, the flash of their white feet.


Dr. Reed was very nice to us today. He eliminated some of the poems, and because Seamus is keeping us in class from 9:30 to 4:30 on Tuesday, our class has become a pot luck! That should be fun. He said to us today, "When are you guys even gonna study?" We all said we had no idea because we're in class LITERALLY all day Tuesday, we have class Tuesday night, and we have two classes before his exam on Wednesday. Oh well, we will see how this goes. 

On the upside, I've just booked my flights to London and Barcelona for the last week we're here in May! I am so excited to travel and end it somewhere warm. I would have loved to go to Greece and Italy, but that will have to be saved for another time!

No comments:

Post a Comment