Sunday, March 17, 2013

Thirteenth - Fourteenth - Fifteenth Day


Roomies getting ready to go out!

It's the weekend, and we've been having gorgeous weather! Unfortunately, I've had a ton of homework, but at least Sarah and I have gotten outside and done some bike riding and walking. For the past few nights we've hit up the pubs, mostly just Downey's and the Anchor and I've gotten to know some of the locals. A bunch of us girls who didn't go up to Dublin for St. Paddy's have been having such craic and we danced our hearts out! Sarah and I also found this amazing beach when we decided to go for a walk over the bridge to Abbeyside (which Tom Keith says we shouldn't even associate with them!) I found some seaglass and some awesome shells and the weather was so warm I was just glad to be outside. The beach looks out into the bay and beyond you can see across to some green hills and to the right there are some small marshes, and the water was all glittery and pretty!

Other than that, there hasn't been much of interest, it has been a slow sort of weekend. One thing I will mention is that because in America we drive on the right, when you're walking down a sidewalk or a hallway we tend to go to the right when passing other people. Well I've noticed, and I can't believe I haven't mentioned it before, that people here walk on the left! This is why I bump into so many people. I should really try harder to remember to walk on the left I suppose.

Also worth mentioning: Tom Keith has stopped by townhouse 8 a few times this weekend to say hello and to chit-chat with us. I think we're his favorites, and we even got him to admit it! He was dropping off banners and flags and such for when we walk in the parade on St. Paddy's day. Everyone kept asking us around town if we were going to be in the parade, and Dave, one of the locals I met even threatened to throw some eggs, although he was just joking...hopefully. It's going to be a busy day so I hope I get enough of my homework done ahead of time!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Not quite sure, but I've heard a few people mention that they don't. I don't know if it's a joke or not. But Sarah and I noticed that there seemed to be a lot more wealth on the Abbeyside compared to the actual town.

      Delete