Friday, March 22, 2013

Twenty-first Day

The hurricane continues! I can tell you right now, I will be avoiding going outside at all costs. The weather is absolutely insane. I hope it gets better before our trip tomorrow! Luckily, or not, I have plenty of work to do to keep me occupied, but I'm torn between watching West Wing and actually doing it. 

Since it's not likely I will actually have anything worth telling today, I should mention some small things about living here. Off of the top of my head, you should know that the number one thing that annoys the Irish about us Americans is the fact that we go up to one of them to speak and begin with, "Um, I have a question..." or "Can I ask you a question?" They tell us that we should just spit it out and be done with it, or for the second one, they just say no in response! (they are kidding, of course) Good to know, since I always do that, and so do the rest of us girls at least. We always catch ourselves as we're about to say it.

Also, some more information on my trip at the end of the term: 
We will be leaving Thursday, May 2nd for London. We'll have all day Friday there, as well as Sunday. On Saturday, we are hoping to be taking a day trip to Paris. It's pretty expensive, like 230 euro but it includes the train from London to Paris and back, lunch at the Eiffel tower, a tour of the city, and a cruise on the River Seine, so I think it's actually worth it. On Monday, we will fly to Barcelona and spend all day Tuesday and some of Wednesday there! Our flight from Barcelona is on Wednesday, which brings us to Dublin. From the airport, we will take a bus back to our little Dungarvan on May 8th, so we have all of the next day to say goodbye! Side note: I will probably be sustaining myself on scraps of bread with water by then, since this will cost me most of my money, and I would rather spend 50 euro on the Harry Potter tour in London than eat!

Tonight is the kickoff party at the Dungarvan Sailing Club for the Maritime Festival, which actually isn't until May 3rd, and I won't even be in Dungarvan! I'm going along with a few of the other girls. It was an absolute blast this evening. Two words: OPEN BAR. We sat and chit-chatted with Damien Geoghagan whose birthday it was! He is a hilarious guy.  Dr. McFee and Dr. Reed were also there, and it was nice to hang out with them as well! I had a great time in Dungarvan!

2 comments:

  1. And now you're going to the Harry Potter Studio London Tour? SO FREAKING JEALOUS!

    ReplyDelete