Monday, March 4, 2013

Fourth Day

Beginning of classes today, ugh. :)

As it turns out, my blog will actually become part of my assignment for Dr. Reed's Irish Literary Heritage class! Unfortunately, this means my writing will actually be scrutinized and graded. Anyway, I got up early today and got myself to class. I'm taking all three classes: Dr. Peterson's comparative American government (which is nice because I've basically already taken this class), Dr. McFee's ethics in a cross-cultural context, and like I mentioned above, Dr. Reed's class. IT IS A LONG DAY STAYING IN ONE SPOT. The classes are longer here because we end the year early and we have some extra days off and long weekends to travel. Dr. Reed's class is only for the first four weeks though, so hopefully the second half of the term will be easier! For lunch I stopped by Jitterbeans to get some "takeaway;" I got a McJitter Bite panini which is like a hamburger panini. It has gherkins (cucumber/pickle things), Irish-style bacon, onion, beef burger, tomato, and some kind of secret sauce. It was so delicious, but I was honestly tempted by everything on the menu. All of my professors are great, and I already knew Dr. Peterson from an earlier political science class, and he is one of the coolest guys I know.
After a long day of classes I was exhausted but I got myself to the gym. One of the boys who worked there asked Sarah and I how we were getting along, after saying "how're you doing?" which is actually how they say what do you want/need/what would you like. We said we were doing fine, but he knew we must still be trying to get settled, and I told him that so far one of the more difficult parts was figuring out the euros, since there are so many different coins! For dinner, we went to the pub at the Park again. Our vouchers are only worth 12 euro and most of the Irish entrees are worth more than that, but the American food is what is cheaper, so I'm kind of stuck. I realized later that some of the other members of the group had gotten some meals that were worth just a little more than 12 euro and had gotten away with it. Other than that, again, not much happened. Most of my days from now on will be spent in class, but I'm going to Dublin this weekend, so I will hopefully have more to report then!

No comments:

Post a Comment